- Category: Information
- Hits: 55
After releasing the first batch of Revelation II computers in 2013 our capacity to produce new machines was reduced due to the fact that several parts suppliers were unable to meet our high quality standards.
We are releasing small quantities each week and production capacity is increasing to become a steady flow of new machines. We expect to fulfil all backorders by the end of March at which point we should be able to supply new orders without delay directly from our stock.
We want to thank all customers for their patience and understanding.
- Category: Revelation
- Hits: 1005
- Play against the strongest chess programs
- Traditional style play with wooden pieces on a wooden board
- Analyse your games using famous world class chess engines
- Play against internet opponents or broadcast your games live via the internet
- World Champion chess computers from the past available with RETRO modules (optional)
Revelation II unites multiple super strong commercial and freeware chess engines resulting in a great diversity in computerized chess play at ELO levels up to 2800 and above. Embedded chess engines run on Revelation II but the system can also make use of engines running on a PC or laptop by establishing a wireless Bluetooth connection. New and updated engines will be available from the download section of this website and with upgrade possibilities for additional Flash Storage, stronger (Multi Core) CPU and new software or hardware add-ins, your chess pleasure is guaranteed future proof!
Revelation II can emulate many world championship winning chess computers from the past giving the user a chance to return to the 80's and 90's of the last century when chess play against dedicated chess computers was at it's peak. A Retro Software pack with nostalgic Ed Schröder and Richard Lang emulations are available. In combination with modern engines the Retro Software very much broadens the range of the Revelation II chess playing experience for chess players of all levels.
- Fully standalone chess board, equipped with onboard embedded Marvell PXA320 high performance processor to facilitate the onboard chess engines
- The PXA320 is the fastest processor in the well-known PXA/XSCALE series and runs at 800+ MHz
- The implementation of this PXA320 has a 32 bit wide data-bus, and a large CPU cache to ensure that the engines will run at their best performance
- 128MB of DDR SD RAM ensures sufficient memory for large Hash tables
- 1 GB Flash Memory giving plenty of storage to upgrade with new chess engines as they become available
- The chess board is multi chess engine, so you can select from a number of chess engines
- The system contains three commercial engines at delivery and can be upgraded with more chess engines in the future
- Top performing chess engines included are Hiarcs, Shredder and The Baron
- Freeware and/or open source engines such as well-known programs Fruit, Toga, Ruffian and Rybka are also included
- ELO levels can be adjusted to play at your level (depending on engine settings)
- Compared to running the same chess engines on a PC or laptop, Revelation II offers unique options and possibilities such as the possibility to turn down the speed of the onboard processor to play at levels from 1500 ELO and up (available after upcoming Firware upgrade)
- The chess board is using the great individual piece recognition technology from DGT ensuring that analyzing and setting up chess positions is simply a case of placing the pieces on the board
- All avaliable electronic DGT chess pieces are compatible with Revelation II: Timeless, Classic, Royal, Venus and Royal chess pieces sets; all sets are supplied with two queens for each color.
- The Revelation II design is based on the Revelation I chess board but has added 60mm side-stands in black finish resulting in a classic modern look
- A large green OLED 256*64 pixels display with double resolution based on the most current OLED technology gives detailed information about the current chess game
- The display as well as the LED lights in the board are a gentle and elegant green lighting
- All focus is upon beauty and passion for the chess game, so despite all onboard electronics, Revelation II has a fine wooden chess board of high quality with great wooden pieces
- Through Bluetooth 2.0 communication with the PC the system can be upgraded with latest available firmware, new chess engines and engine upgrades
- Revelation II can function as a regular DGT Bluetooth e-Board offering options such as live broadcasting of games via the internet and online play at chess portals and websites
- The system is future proof as adding additional Flash Memory and processing/RAM power (by exchanging the current Marvell PXA module) are built in possibilities
- A custom-made carrying bag is included that holds the complete system ensuring the chess board is well protected and can be transported without risk
- Board size is 67 x 61 cm, square size is 52 x 52 mm and the board thickness is 30 mm
- Category: Support
- Hits: 279
For Revelation II owners it is now possible to register on the web site. Through this registration you will get future updates on your Revelation II. Also if there are new or newer engines available, these can be downloaded or bought via your registration on this web site. Click on the menu 'Registration' and fill out your information. This information will only be used to inform you about Revelation II news, unless you have given permission for sending DGT related information.
For registration you need the Revelation II serial number and the Bluetooth address which will be checked before we accept your application for membership.
The registration is setup as a membership, so do not be confused by several of the text that still have to be changed.