- Category: Information
- Hits: 1111
The unique Retro Software for Revelation II is now available allowing Revelation II users to play against nostalgic chess computers from the past and add even more flavor and diversity to their ultimate chess playing experience. For more information see the Revelation II Retro Software User Manual.
For pricing please enquire with your local dealer.
In the near future purchased Retro Software can be activated via this website. For the moment DGT will send out an email with the license and installation instructions.
- Category: Information
- Hits: 1263
New firmware for Revelation II with many new features and improvements is now available.
Previously systems were distributed with firmware versions 3.07, 3.09 and 3.11 but now 3.14 will be released.
To upgrade existing firmware, Revelation II owners have to register on this website and log-in.
In addition updated drivers are available with important new features.
Version 3.14 includes:
- Automatic start (new game) feature placing the pieces in the starting position, you will hear an acknowledgement in sound.
- Automatic reverse start (new reversed game) feature placing the pieces in the reverse starting position, you will hear an acknowledgement in sound. You can now play black. This will also work when you switch Revelation II on for the first time.
- Setup Position, when you press Enter multiple times you can select setting up normal and reverse playing from setup.
- Improved capturing. For example lifting your pawn, removing the opponent's pawn and placing your pawn on the capture field at the same time is much better accepted.
- Now 64 engines through UCI server in total are possible. As there 8 engines integrated, a further 56 engines are possible for the UCI Sever.
- If you have more than 64 engines, Revelation II will ignore the rest of the mentioned engines in the UCI Server.
- UCI server engine names may not be longer than 16 characters. If you use longer names in the UCI server, the Revelation II will truncate these.
- GET PGN function is now implemented in the UCI Server.
- You can now choose another engine after an UCI server engine without problems.
- You now get a beep from Revelation II on connecting with the UCI server.
- Added the possibility to use compressed files, to reduce the sending times for an update.
- Error checking is improved on the upgrade procedure for the Revelation II. Corrupted upgrade files will now be ignored by Revelation II. Also timeout problems are handled.
- The e-Board mode is greatly improved. Speed in handling is much better, and also clock functions are near to complete.
- Switching between different modes is improved, you can do this now with CLEAR + ENTER to go to standby and then ENTER to switch on again or ENTER +UP or ENTER +DOWN to switch to e-board or emulation mode.
- If you install the latest DGT e-Board Driver RabbitPlugin 2.0.24 (32bit or 64bit) LED signaling in the e-Board mode is added for example when playing against Fritz on your PC and using the Revelation II as a DGT e-Board.
- Move indicator added.
- Added stability for the Bluetooth connection.
- Upload speed is improved.
In order for you to download this upgrade you need to register your Revelation Board, "Press the Registration button on the top menu" and follow the instructions, after confirmation you will be able to download the upgrade software. Press the Download button at the top menu and go the updates and find your upgrade.
- Category: Revelation
- Hits: 3642
- Play against the strongest chess programs
- Traditional style play with wooden pieces on a wooden board
- Analyse your games using famous world class chess engines
- Play against internet opponents or broadcast your games live via the internet
- World Champion chess computers from the past available with RETRO modules (optional)
Revelation II unites multiple super strong commercial and freeware chess engines resulting in a great diversity in computerized chess play at ELO levels up to 2800 and above. Embedded chess engines run on Revelation II but the system can also make use of engines running on a PC or laptop by establishing a wireless Bluetooth connection. New and updated engines will be available from the download section of this website and with upgrade possibilities for additional Flash Storage, stronger (Multi Core) CPU and new software or hardware add-ins, your chess pleasure is guaranteed future proof!
Revelation II can emulate many world championship winning chess computers from the past giving the user a chance to return to the 80's and 90's of the last century when chess play against dedicated chess computers was at it's peak. A Retro Software pack with nostalgic Ed Schröder and Richard Lang emulations are available. In combination with modern engines the Retro Software very much broadens the range of the Revelation II chess playing experience for chess players of all levels.
- Fully standalone chess board, equipped with onboard embedded Marvell PXA320 high performance processor to facilitate the onboard chess engines
- The PXA320 is the fastest processor in the well-known PXA/XSCALE series and runs at 800+ MHz
- The implementation of this PXA320 has a 32 bit wide data-bus, and a large CPU cache to ensure that the engines will run at their best performance
- 128MB of DDR SD RAM ensures sufficient memory for large Hash tables
- 1 GB Flash Memory giving plenty of storage to upgrade with new chess engines as they become available
- The chess board is multi chess engine, so you can select from a number of chess engines
- The system contains three commercial engines at delivery and can be upgraded with more chess engines in the future
- Top performing chess engines included are Hiarcs, Shredder and The Baron
- Freeware and/or open source engines such as well-known programs Fruit, Toga, Ruffian and Rybka are also included
- ELO levels can be adjusted to play at your level (depending on engine settings)
- Compared to running the same chess engines on a PC or laptop, Revelation II offers unique options and possibilities such as the possibility to turn down the speed of the onboard processor to play at levels from 1500 ELO and up (available after upcoming Firware upgrade)
- The chess board is using the great individual piece recognition technology from DGT ensuring that analyzing and setting up chess positions is simply a case of placing the pieces on the board
- All avaliable electronic DGT chess pieces are compatible with Revelation II: Timeless, Classic, Royal, Venus and Royal chess pieces sets; all sets are supplied with two queens for each color.
- The Revelation II design is based on the Revelation I chess board but has added 60mm side-stands in black finish resulting in a classic modern look
- A large green OLED 256*64 pixels display with double resolution based on the most current OLED technology gives detailed information about the current chess game
- The display as well as the LED lights in the board are a gentle and elegant green lighting
- All focus is upon beauty and passion for the chess game, so despite all onboard electronics, Revelation II has a fine wooden chess board of high quality with great wooden pieces
- Through Bluetooth 2.0 communication with the PC the system can be upgraded with latest available firmware, new chess engines and engine upgrades
- Revelation II can function as a regular DGT Bluetooth e-Board offering options such as live broadcasting of games via the internet and online play at chess portals and websites
- The system is future proof as adding additional Flash Memory and processing/RAM power (by exchanging the current Marvell PXA module) are built in possibilities
- A custom-made carrying bag is included that holds the complete system ensuring the chess board is well protected and can be transported without risk
- Board size is 57 x 61 cm, square size is 52 x 52 mm and the board thickness is 30 mm
- Category: Support
- Hits: 1906
For Revelation II owners it is now possible to register on the web site. Through this registration you will get future updates on your Revelation II. Also if there are new or newer engines available, these can be downloaded or bought via your registration on this web site. Click on the menu 'Registration' and fill out your information. This information will only be used to inform you about Revelation II news, unless you have given permission for sending DGT related information.
For registration you need the Revelation II serial number and the Bluetooth address which will be checked before we accept your application for membership.
The registration is setup as a membership, so do not be confused by several of the text that still have to be changed.